Our Furry Friends Need Forever Homes
Faithful Friends Animal Sanctuary is Rowan County’s first no-kill sanctuary for homeless cats and dogs.
Our adoption area has 28 indoor/outdoor dog runs and 23 stainless steel cat cages. Additional animal quarters are located in our Quarantine and Isolation section, which is a separately ventilated area of the building. Our cats have a screened in sun porch and our dogs have a kennel run, play yards and walking paths throughout the property for exercise.
All of our animals are examined thoroughly upon intake, given age-appropriate vaccinations, internal and external parasite treatments, canine heart worm or feline FIV/leukemia testing, and spay/neuter.
Some of our furry friends come in worse for wear – they have had rough lives or rough beginnings. We spend time with these troubled souls, helping them to heal and acclimating them to social interactions with humans and other pets. Our adoption application is thorough so that we can be sure you are paired up with the right furry friend for you and your family.
Check out our available furry friends looking for their forever home, and then click on the Adoption Application button below to get started on adding to your family!
Complete and submit an adoption application. Please take the time to thoroughly complete the application so that it can be efficiently processed. This also helps us determine a good match for your family. We have gotten to know the pet’s personalities and this is very helpful in selecting the right pet for your family. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Application is reviewed by the staff. Average application response time is 1 to 3 days. The more information we have the more quickly we will be able to respond to your application. Please ensure all requested information is accurate and complete! Each application we receive is unique and may require one or more of the following: Vet reference on current or past animals and/or a home visit. All renters must provide written authorization from their landlord allowing the pet.
We will schedule a time for you and all the members of your family or household to meet the new pet. Since this is a new member of your family, we need all individuals in the household to be happy with the choice. This includes a meet & greet with your current pet(s).
Interested in one of our furry fellows? Fill out the form below and we will contact you soon!
Our application process is thorough to ensure that we find the perfect fit for you and your new family member. Our dog and cat ages range from very young to old. Please keep in mind that an average lifespan can be 15 years – a significant commitment that is not to be taken lightly. The love our furry friends bring us however is worth it, and we can’t wait to introduce you to one of them!
We want to ensure that all of our animals are going to be a part of your family.
- Complete and submit an adoption application (incomplete applications will not be processed)
- Applications will be reviewed by staff
- We will contact your veterinarian for a reference regarding the care of past or present animals, and/or a home visit
- The average response time after submitting an application is one to three days
- We will contact you to schedule an appointment
- At the appointment, you will be able to interact with the animal outside of their kennel to experience their personalities and connection to you
- Renters must obtain a written authorization from their landlord stating that pets are allowed
- The adoption fee is $250.00 for dogs (includes spay/neuter, DA2PPv and rabies vaccinations, deworming and resolution of any health issues that were identified upon intake)
- The adoption fee is $125.00 for cats and $125.00 for kittens (includes spay/neuter, FVRCPC (cats), FeLV/FIV testing, deworming and resolution of any health issues that were identified upon intake)
We look forward to helping you find your next faithful friend!
Faithful Friends Animal Sanctuary reserves the right to decline an applicant for any reason without an explanation.