Our Furry Friends Need Forever Homes
Faithful Friends Animal Sanctuary is Rowan County’s first no-kill sanctuary for homeless cats and dogs.
Our adoption area has 28 indoor/outdoor dog runs and 23 stainless steel cat cages. Additional animal quarters are located in our Quarantine and Isolation section, which is a separately ventilated area of the building. Our cats have a screened in sun porch and our dogs have a kennel run, play yards and walking paths throughout the property for exercise.
All of our animals are examined thoroughly upon intake, given age-appropriate vaccinations, internal and external parasite treatments, canine heart worm or feline FIV/leukemia testing, and spay/neuter.
Some of our furry friends come in worse for wear – they have had rough lives or rough beginnings. We spend time with these troubled souls, helping them to heal and acclimating them to social interactions with humans and other pets. Our adoption application is thorough so that we can be sure you are paired up with the right furry friend for you and your family.
Check out our available furry friends looking for their forever home, and then click on the Adoption Application button below to get started on adding to your family!
Interested in one of our furry fellows? Fill out the form below and we will contact you soon!
Our application process is thorough to ensure that we find the perfect fit for you and your new family member. Our dog and cat ages range from very young to senior. Please keep in mind that an average lifespan can be 15 years – a significant commitment that is not to be taken lightly. The love our furry friends bring us however is worth it, and we can’t wait to introduce you to one of them!
We want to ensure that all of our animals are going to be a part of your family.
PLEASE READ OUR ADOPTION GUIDELINES AND PROCESS IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE FILLING OUT APPLICATION
Faithful Friends Animal Sanctuary reserves the right to decline an applicant for any reason without an explanation.
- You must have a valid ID and current address
- You must have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in your household
- We are looking for people with a history of responsible pet ownership. Responsible pet ownership means that all current and past pets have been fully vaccinated, on heart worm preventative (if applicable), and were in a safe environment. We check this through contacting all current and past Veterinary Offices your animal(s) have been too.
- If you are a renter, we must receive a written authorization from your landlord stating that pets are allowed BEFORE you can adopt an animal. You must have your landlord’s name, telephone number and copy of lease.
- If you are a young adopter (18-25) and have not personally owned a pet, please provide information for your parent/guardians pets, your vet care plan for the animal, your budget.
1.Find the animal you’d like to adopt.
- All of our available pets are listed on PetFinder. You MUST apply for a specific animal.
- Please read the PetFinder description in its entirety before submitting your application. We spend a lot of time getting to know each animal at the sanctuary and have necessary information listed there.
2. Complete and submit adoption application.
- Please fill out the application in its entirety. This also helps us determine a good match for your family. We have gotten to know the pets’ personalities and this is very helpful in selecting the right pet for your family. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
3. Application is reviewed by staff.
- Each application gets a rigorous review from staff including:
- Vet reference check regarding care of past or current animals. We are looking for up to date vaccinations and heartworm preventative for all current and past animals.
- Renters must obtain a written authorization from their landlord stating that pets are allowed
4. If accepted, we will schedule a time for you and all of the members of your family to meet the new pet at the sanctuary.
- Since this is a new member of your family, we need all individuals in the household to be happy with the choice. This includes a meet & greet with your current pet(s).
DO NOT contact the sanctuary with updates about your application. We will contact you if we think you are a good fit.
Dogs: $250 – Includes spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations, heartworm testing and preventative, deworming, and resolution of any health issues identified at intake
Cats: $125 – Includes spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations, FaLV/FIV testing, deworming, and resolution of any health issues identified at intake